10 Best Bike Helmet In India
This bike helmet is the top-recommendation in our list. It comes with amazing comfort and rigidity which provides full protection to your head while riding. The comfortability of this helmet is surprisingly amazing compared to other types of helmet. The helmet is a type of flip-up helmet. The flip-up mechanism glides up smoothly and opens with a single button making it easy to lift up the chin bar while wearing a helmet. So, if you are looking for the best bike helmet in India, this option is suitable to choose for maximum comfort and safety.
- Weight – 1.88 Kg
- Long oval visor provides you maximum visibility.
- Built with high-pressure thermoplastic technology.
- Cotton inner material for a soft feel.
- Product Dimension: 38.8 x 27.1 x 26.3 cm
- Scratch-resistant and anti-fog outer shell.
- Lightweight body.
- Wide compatibility(perfect fit for all sizes).
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2Q6Y38g|
This designer helmet comes in a large size which makes it a perfect fit for all size of the head. The aerodynamically designed shell provides you with the maximum passage of air flow inside the helmet. Its fully removable inner design makes it a perfect fit for wash and wear. The adjustable air vents on the chin, on the upper part of the shell, allows the rider to breathe easily through the helmet. So, if you are low on budget and looking for the best bike helmet in India go with this option for better result.
- Weight: 2.46 Kg
- Fit for all types of head.
- Extra-wide visor glass for maximum visibility.
- Anti-scratch and fog-resistant visor.
- Product Dimension: 38.4 x 29.4 x 28.6 cm
- Tight and secure-fitting design.
- Resil coating keeps inner helmet cool and dry.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2NeAPuu|
The name is sufficient to build trust in your mind. This bike helmet from “RoyalEnfield” is premium designed helmet in our list. It has been made by using some of the strongest material available for making the helmet. The extensive use of fiberglass and carbon fiber makes a perfect design for your bike riding. The simplicity and classic face design make it a perfect fit for you to buy.
- Weight – 1.88 Kg
- Washable inner with anti-microbial design
- Optically corrected and scratch-resistant visor
- Product Dimension: 36.8 x 28.2 x 27 cm
- Multiple adjustable intakes ports for comfortable breathing.
- Shock-proof design.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2NdNyhe|
With global domination for more than 50 Years, “SteelBird” bike helmets come with the complete safety features for the comfort biking. It is designed on the basis to provide your head with maximum comfort and safety. The throughout ventilation design over the helmet provides the maximum flow of air for easy breathing. The elegant design and features make this bike helmet one of the best fit for bike riding. If you are looking for the elegant design and the best bike helmet in India this option is worth your money.
- Weight – 898 g
- Designed with high impact ABS material shell.
- Comes with pick up call button
- Neck protector for extra comfort and safety.
- Product Dimension: 33 x 26 x 25.8 cm
- Anti-scratch and water-resistant coated visor.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2AkBVMQ|
Looking for the best in comfort and style in a bike helmet, then finish your search here. This bike helmet comes with all the auto accessory for making your bike ride easy and memorable. Just focus on your biking nothing else. The off-road design is the most suitable option to choose for when you are on a long ride. It is the perfect design for the Indian road. The larger glass shelf at the front provides you with wide visibility.
- Weight – 898 g
- High Impact ABS shell.
- Well vented for optimum flow of air.
- Product Dimension: 15 x 10 x 10 cm
- Washable and breathable padding for extra comfort
- Matt finish and tinted visor design which reflect UV rays.
- Scratch-resistant and anti-fog design.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2NeFfl4|
You’ll Also Like: Best Microwave Ovens In India [Comprehensive Buying Guide]
You’ll Also Like: Best Electric Kettle In India – Comprehensive Buy Guide
Studds in the bike world is one of the well-known brands among bikers. Its bike helmets are used by using high grade of engineering thermoplastic. The comfortability and safety features are maximum with “Studds” helmets. The full-face helmet design covers the maximum area of your head for maximum safety. The simple and sleek design makes it a perfect fit for you to buy if you are looking for the best bike helmet in India.
- Weight – 2.04 Kg
- ISI certified helmet design
- Perfect fit for any size
- Optically true polycarbonate visor
- Product Dimension: 37.3 x 28.2 x 26.7 cm
- Quick-release chin strap mechanism for easy operation
- Scratch-resistant and anti-fog design.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2Af2xyS|
If you are looking for the best bike helmet in India, then stop your search here. Vega bike helmet is off-road helmet design which makes it a perfect fit for the comfort ride. To get a cool off ride this helmet design provides you with all the safety and accessibility. The graphic design over the exterior of the helmet also makes it look cool for the rider. The helmet comes with built-in goggles which provide maximum comfort for visibility. The total ventilation channel throughout the interior of the helmet provides maximum air flow for fresh breathing.
- Weight – 1.2 Kg
- Superior fit and comfort
- Detachable and washable interior
- Built-in goggles for maximum protection of eyes.
- Product Dimension: 20 x 18 x 18 cm
- Anti-scratch and water-resistant coated visor.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2Nf5oAi|
If you are looking for the professionally designed bike helmet with maximum safety and comfort then this helmet definitely needs your attention. Studds helmet is widely known for its safety design and durability. This full-face designed helmet is made of high-grade engineering thermoplastic for which protects the inner as well as the outer shell. The wider design comfortably fits around your neck with maximum comfort and safety. So, if you are low on budget and looking for the professional best bike helmet in India go with this option.
- Weight – 1.42 Kg
- Outer shell made of high impact plastic grade material.
- Quick-release chin strap mechanism.
- Aerodynamic design for maximum stability.
- Wide angled polycarbonate visor for maximum visibility
- Product Dimension: 33.8 x 25.8 x 27.4 cm
- Comes with an anti-allergic inner shell.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/32IawRm|
Vega bike helmet is off-road helmet design which makes it a perfect fit for the comfort in a long ride. To get a cool off ride this helmet design provides you with all the safety measures and accessibility. The graphic design over the exterior of the helmet also makes it look cool for the rider. The helmet comes with built-in goggles which provide maximum comfort for visibility. The total ventilation channel throughout the interior of the helmet provides maximum air flow for fresh breathing. It can be the best bike helmet in India according to Indian road.
- Weight – 1.2 Kg
- ISI certified helmet.
- Superior fit and maximum comfort for the long ride
- Product dimension: 35.8 x 26.2 x 26.2 cm
- Total ventilation for maximum air flow
- Wide angled visor for maximum visibility.
- Comes with built-in goggles
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2Q9le1E|
Still not satisfied with the above option, then finish your search here. It is designed on the basis to provide your head with maximum comfort and safety. “SteelBird” is widely known for its helmet design. The throughout ventilation design over the helmet provides the maximum flow of air for easy breathing. The elegant design and features make this bike helmet one of the best fit for bike riding. If you are looking for the elegant design and the best bike helmet in India this option is worth your money.
- Weight – 3.4 Kg
- Quick chin strap mechanism for easy operation.
- Anti-scratch and UV resistant visor.
- Product Dimension: 3 x 2.7 x 2.5 cm
- Optically true polycarbonated visor
- Anti-allergic inner shell.
|Best Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2AeHNaD|
1. What Is A Helmet?
=> A helmet is a safety measure worn by the bikers to prevent from injuries or accident. It is the form of protective gear worn to protect the head. It represents the skull-like design which helps in protecting the human brain.
2. Types Of Bike Helmets
The bike helmets are categorized into 5 types. While various other types are also available in the market which is not intended for motorcycling but are used by some riders. These all types of bike helmets, a chin strap is attached which increases the protective measures. From most to least protective bikers helmets are discussed below.
The entire portion of the head is covered inside these types of helmets. There is a protective section over the front of the chin. It includes a tinted transparent or clear plastic face shield which generally swivels up and down to allow access to the face. There is an open cutout across the eyes and nose.
These types of helmets are usually worn by the bikers who do speed riding or performs stunts. These types of helmets have an elongated chin and visor portion. The extra-wide open provides riders with extra protection while wearing goggles and allow the passage of air flow easily and comfortably.
Modular or Flip-up
These types of helmets are a combination of both full-face and open-face helmet types. It is also termed as a convertible or flip-face helmet. The chin portion along with the glass usually gets lifted up whenever required. That it will provide full exposure to the face whenever required.[Read more…]
Important Things To Know Before Riding a Bike
- Be Safe – Safety is an important measure to know before riding a bike. You should always obey the rules while riding a bike. Get in the mindset of driving your bike, don’t just drive the bike. Obey all the traffic signals, signs, and rules before going for the bike ride. Always remember to wear the helmet either for short or long trips.
- Be Predictable – Your riding movements should be predictable by other drivers, cyclists or riders.
- Be Alert – Always be alert about your surroundings while on a ride. Ride defensively and expect the unexpected. Look around all the times and focus on your riding. Do a quick check before you change the lanes.
- Be equipped – Always wear your helmets, gloves and safety measures before going for the ride. As we know “Prevention is better than Cure”. Have a check on the lights, rear reflector, and carry essential tools to fix a flat. Always wear reflective clothing so you are visible all the times.
You’ll Also Like: Top 10 Best Sports Earphone under ₹3000
You’ll Also Like: Top 5 Best Smartwatches Under ₹5000 – Price & Specifications
Frequently Asked Questions About Biker Helmets
1. How can I know If I need a new helmet?
=> Have a look on the exterior and interior of your helmet before leaving for the ride. Look for the crack or dents in the foam or the foam degrading or crumbling. These are the sure indications that your helmet definitely needs a change. The average durability for the helmet is considered to be around three-years. But if you ever had a crash or small accident, it is strongly recommended to replace it.
2. Do I need special clothing to Ride a Bike?
=> No. It does not require any special types of clothing or some kind of fancy dress while riding a bike. You just wear light and reflective clothes which is easily visible all the times. This increases safety measures while riding.
3. Can A Bike helmet stop a bullet?
=> No. A motorbike helmet is not designed to stop a bullet. Bullets travel at much higher velocities than the speeds at which motorcycle riders will ever reach. So even though a motorcycle helmet can withstand a significant impact, it is not recommended to wear a motorcycle helmet if you think someone will be in a shootout.
4. Should I buy a cheap or expensive helmet?
=> When go for buying the helmet price doesn’t matter. You should look for the helmet having good ventilation and fitting. Each helmet serves the same purpose but the comfort level differs from helmet-to-helmet. You must choose the helmet according to your comfort.
5. What factors affect the comfort level of helmets?
=> The helmet structure decides the comfort level of helmets. Internal padding and the chin strap should be comfortable to use. Glass vision should be good and the ventilation should be sufficient to maintain the air pass inside the helmet. It should act as a cushion.
6. Can I wash the helmet?
=> Yes, you can. Only use water and mild soap for washing. Wash it by using your hand. Take out the inner pads for easier drying.
7. I had a light crash, Can I still use my helmet?
=> A helmet should always be replaced after an impact. It doesn’t matter how the damage is visible to the naked eyes.
You’ll Also Like: Top 10 best water purifier in India under ₹10,000
You’ll Also Like: Top 5 Best Personal Mini Deep Fryer in India
Bike Safety Tips To Know Before Riding A Bike
- Get your bike registered before riding it.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Don’t use a cell phone while driving. In case you can use a hands-free device. While it is always recommended not to attend a call if its important get aside and attend your call.
- Always ride at a safe speed.
- Have a check on your lights, brakes, mirror before riding.
- Stop at stop signs.
- Always ride on the right side of the road.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Use dipper while driving at night.
- Take all your important documents with you in case of police concern.
How Do I choose a Helmet?
A helmet buying is much like buying something that is important to your life. You should choose a helmet based on its ability to do the job it’s intended for, regardless of whether or not it’s to satisfy a law. First, you need to decide about the things that matter to you. There are a number of items that are important in finding a helmet that suits you.
Make sure that the size and shape of the helmet are suited to your head. Sizing in helmets, even many of the numerical sizes may not be consistent from brand to brand or even model to model. Additionally, make sure the retaining system is effective comfortable and easy to use.
Make sure the helmet is as comfortable to wear as possible. It is likely to be on your head for a while and it should not become so annoying that you are distracted from the important task of riding safely. Also, choose an appropriate helmet for the type of riding you will do most frequently and the environment you’re riding in. Full face helmets offer a measure of protection from impacts to the face, and flying debris like cigarette butts and gravel as well as helping to avoid the dreaded insect’s dentures adhesion affliction, or “Bug Tooth Syndrome”.
This may seem trivial and not related to safety, but it does have it the place. Get a helmet you like. For many riding is a big part of their life. It’s not just transportation, but also an important recreational activity, even a lifestyle. It is common sense to conclude that a rider is more likely to consistently wear something he or she likes rather than something that they do not.
The only thing that can be added is that the helmet solely provides protection to your head. The importance of a good helmet is to keep safety point riders who are concerned with protecting the stuff between their ears toward helmets.
You’ll Also Like: Best Bluetooth Headphones Under ₹1000 – [Comprehensive Buy Guide]
You’ll Also Like: Top 10 Best Fitness Band in India under ₹3000
Size Chart For Bike Helmet